Thursday 22 January 2009

Can I say?

å, ä, ö

I'm trying to construct a sentence based on words and rules I have remembered....

Can I say:

Kan gå vi för en öl?

I want to say - Can we go for a beer?

If I was to write it the way it is said in English I think I would write - Kan vi gå för en öl?

But if I have understood my book correctly, I put the verb after the question word. The verb in this case being "go"

So it becomes Can go we for a beer?

Have I got this sentence right? I plan to use it a lot, so it is important.

I also have a feeling I should take the letter "a" / "en" out?

This is because when you say "someone is a policeman" for example, you just say "He is (Han är) policeman"

So it would then become Kan gå vi för öl?

Tack mycket.

3 comments:

  1. I'd say "Kan vi gå och ta en öl?", or "Vill du gå och ta en öl?" thats more like "Can we/do you want to...go grab a beer?".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will put it to the test this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. + we'd more likely say: ska vi gå och ta en öl (or short: ska vi ta en öl?)which means exactly "shall we go and grab a beer" or just "shall we grab a beer". straight forward, earnest, sweeeedish (erm NOT) put it to test and get your arse here a.s.a.p!! /CCCCCCCC

    ReplyDelete